- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors, 1996
- University of Michigan, B.A., with high honors and high distinction, 1993
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Eric A. Bensky focuses on securities litigation, with an emphasis on representing prime brokers, clearing firms and other broker-dealers in federal and state courts, FINRA Dispute Resolution and other self-regulatory organization (SRO) arbitration proceedings, and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and SRO investigations and disciplinary proceedings. Eric has extensive experience in issues involving margin (including portfolio margin), direct market access (DMA), anti-money laundering (AML) and investigations and litigation (including clawback litigation) by receivers and trustees appointed by courts in the wake of Ponzi schemes.
He has represented bulge bracket brokerage firms as well as smaller brokerage firms and their registered representatives, supervisors and other employees. Other clients have included a leading national and international bank, a major mutual fund complex, public companies and their officers and directors, individuals and entities suspected of or charged with potential insider trading violations, investment advisory firms, and hedge funds.
He has represented institutional clients in lawsuits and regulatory inquiries arising out of the Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities Ponzi scheme, the Arthur Nadel Ponzi scheme, the mortgage-backed securities (MBS) financial crisis, the Thomas Petters Ponzi scheme, the stock options backdating scandal, the Bradley Ruderman Ponzi scheme, the Samuel Israel III Bayou Ponzi scheme, the mutual funds market timing and late trading scandal, the John Natale Cambridge Partners Ponzi scheme, the E. Thomas Jung Strategic Income Fund Ponzi scheme, the Nasdaq market makers odd-eighths investigation, and the Marvin Goodman metals trading Ponzi scheme.
- SIFMA Compliance & Legal Society
- Counsel Member
- American Bar Association
- National Homelessness Law Center
- Board of Directors Chair