On June 5, 2019, the SEC adopted Regulation Best Interest (“Reg. BI”), which not only required the disclosure of interest, but also imposed a standard of conduct on broker-dealers (“BDs”) when making a recommendation to a retail customer of any securities transaction or investment strategy. Read our Client Alert https://www.mmlawus.com/newsitem/pdf/SEC_Adopts_Rule_15l-1_-8947649653849290607.pdf.
SEC Adopts Rule 15l-1 to Require Broker-Dealers to Act in Best Interest of Retail Customers
- Paul A. Merolla
- Client Alert: 7 Things You Need to Know about the Proposed SEC Cybersecurity Rules and Amendments for Public Companies
- 10 Things You Need to Know About DOJ’s Focus on Prosecuting White Collar Crime
- Client Alert: 8 Things You Need to Know About the Proposed SEC Cybersecurity Rules and Amendments for Registered Investment Advisers and Funds
- Client Alert: SEC Proposes New Short Selling Rules
- Client Alert: SEC Proposes T+1 Mandate