Significant advancements continue to reshape anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (AML/CTF) efforts in 2020. In January, the U.S. Department of the Treasury released its National Strategy for Combatting Terrorist and Other Illicit Financing which details the key priorities in Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) enforcement. The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) also issued an updated BSA/AML Examination Manual, while the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) discussed the Travel Rule for digital assets.
AML/CTF: Trends, Developments and Enforcement Actions to Guide Companies in 2021
- BSA/AML Emerging Trends: Best Compliance Practices for Your Firm
- Chair, “Future of Work”, ABA Derivatives Law Virtual Conference
- Private Client Enforcement Developments, SIFMA Compliance & Legal Society Annual Seminar
- Chair, “Enforcement Developments, Part 2”, ABA Derivatives Law Virtual Conference
- Panelist, “Law Firm Panel”, SOTI 2022