Financial Services law firm Murphy & McGonigle has once again been recognized for excellence in the 2021 Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers. Chambers USA ranks the firm in Band 3, one of the top 6 firms practicing in this area, in Financial Services Regulation: Broker-Dealer (Compliance & Enforcement). Murphy & McGonigle is the only boutique law firm of the six recognized in bands 1-3.
Chambers USA says of the firm: "A strong broker-dealer outfit that continues to consolidate its position in the market. Noted for its handling of complex regulatory compliance questions and enforcement situations. Showcases broad expertise in cutting-edge matters such as the use of blockchain, digital currencies and artificial intelligence in the fintech space. Comprises a number of talented individuals with decades of experience in the broker-dealer space, with a number of attorneys also having held senior positions at the SEC and NYSE."
As the Chambers USA Guide relies on client feedback for its practice rankings, Murphy & McGonigle is further recognized with client verbatims in the Guide. A sampling of the client comments regarding the firm follow:
- Sources highly praise this "terrific firm, which is very cost-effective and gives wonderful advice.
- They have a deep bench of people with a lot of regulatory experience and competitive rates.
- I really enjoy working with them. They produce terrific, timely work.
- The firm has really built up experienced lawyers across the broker-dealer space," says a client, praising the "really strong partner-level bench."
Three Shareholders Recognized
In addition to the firm recognition, three Murphy & McGonigle shareholders have been ranked in the 2021 Chambers USA Guide.
- Howard Kramer is rated Band 1 in Financial Services Regulation: Broker-Dealer (Compliance) – Nationwide USA.
- Matthew Comstock is rated Band 3 in Financial Services Regulation: Broker-Dealer (Compliance) – Nationwide USA.
- Stephen Crimmins is rated Band 3 in Financial Securities Regulation – Enforcement (Nationwide).
Mr. Kramer is recognized by clients in Chambers: "He is one of the deans of the Bar. An expert in particular on markets and exchanges. He is extremely smart and capable," and "Howard is very helpful with the rules, quick to respond, friendly and good to work with."
Clients say of Mr. Comstock: "He is a really solid lawyer." "Matt is great with net capital rules and financial responsibility rules for broker-dealers." Chambers’ client commentary on Mr. Crimmins includes "Steve is terrific."