Health Care Fraud Defense and Compliance Counseling
- Represented a medical doctor charged by the U.S. Attorney’s Office with violating the anti-kickback statute for receiving payments to refer patients for x-rays and CT scans.
- Represented an individual in an investigation of an adult daycare facility by the Office of the Inspector General, Department of Health & Human Services, concerning civil claims of improper billing and receipt of payments from Medicaid, resulting in a civil settlement.
- Representing a senior individual with a large health care company in a DOJ and HHS-OIG investigation of improper billing.
- Successfully prosecuted largest healthcare fraud case in the District of Columbia, U.S. v. Florence and Michael Bikundi (while serving at DOJ; convictions affirmed by the DC Circuit on June 11, 2019).
- Successfully prosecuted health care fraud case involving Medicaid with defendant being found guilty on one count of Health Care Fraud and 16 counts of false statements in health care matters (while serving at DOJ).