Strategic Discovery & Information Management (StraDIM)
Financial Services Litigation & Regulation
Strategic Discovery & Information Management
- Successfully managing several large-scale document reviews using Technology Assisted Review (TAR) and Predictive Coding workflows to significantly reduce the overall number of client documents requiring human review. Using statistical sampling for control set development and results validation, our team incorporated predictive coding technology into our strategic review workflows to create a hybrid approach that resulted in 50% fewer documents requiring review in our largest TAR matters.
- Negotiating several key e-discovery protocols to reduce the scope of document discovery, narrow ongoing preservation obligations, and select cost efficient production formats, all of which resulted in significant cost savings to our clients.
- Leading discovery and document review efforts for several large patent cases in the Eastern District of Virginia (the “Rocket Docket”) involving millions of documents, all of which were completed in severely constrained timelines based on limited discovery periods.
- Mobilizing a document review effort to review more than 10,000 documents overnight to assist a client’s investigation into a possible employee IP theft. Our team organized veteran contract attorneys to review from late evening into the early morning, allowing us to report results to the client early the next morning.
- Deploying internal document review and hosting capabilities to provide our clients with a cost-effective single source alternative to discovery vendors that keeps their most valuable documents and data within the hands of their lawyers, and reduces the number of parties our clients need to deal with to accomplish their e-discovery goals.
As always, StraDIM seeks to stay abreast of new developments and burgeoning issues. Privacy concerns continue to be an issue in e-Discovery with the phasing in of new legislation and regulations. The vast increase in remote video conferencing—Zoom, Teams, Google Meet—has presented challenges in preserving and collecting data from such alternative data sources. StraDIM stands ready to advise clients on the management of their data consistent with current best practices in the context of litigation, compliance, and internal/external investigations.